These situations meet the Hope Fund guidelines:
- Applicant or spouse/domestic partner has missed unpaid time due to illness (for self or dependent family member).
- Applicant or dependent family member requires treatment with long distance travel to receive medically necessary treatment.
- Cost of medical treatment is preventing an applicant or dependent family member from receiving care.
- Applicant has incurred extreme medical costs and household income is 400% below poverty level.
- Disaster such as fire, flood, tornado or hurricane.
- Employee or eligible dependent is a victim of domestic violence.
- Burial or travel assistance is needed due to death in the immediate family. Immediate family includes the employee’s parent or legal guardian, stepparent, brother, sister, current spouse/domestic partner, children, stepchildren, grandparents, grandchildren, current mother-in-law and current father-in-law. Assistance for extended family members such as parents and siblings is limited to sudden death events in which the employee is the surviving next of kin. Assistance is not provided for parent/siblings that have a surviving spouse/children responsible for their services.
- Death of employee.
- Other special situations that prohibit the employee from maintaining their basic living needs. Assistance for situations in the basic needs “other” category may only be eligible once within a rolling five year period, depending on the events leading up to the hardship.
If your situation falls within these criteria, click here to proceed to the online application