Only eligible HCA Healthcare employees may receive assistance through the Hope Fund, based on set criteria for events causing a financial hardship for the employee. To be eligible for assistance from the fund, you must meet all requirements:
- You must be employed directly by an HCA Healthcare affiliate as a regular full-time, or part-time employee or PRN working a minimum average of 12 hours per week at the time of the event causing the hardship, as well as when assistance is provided.
- The event that resulted in a financial burden must be a direct impact to the employee.
- You cannot have received financial assistance from the Hope Fund within the past 12 months.
- The event causing the hardship must have occurred in the past 12 months.
When reviewing your application, your number of eligible dependents will be considered. Eligible dependents include;
- Spouse (unless legally separated)
- Unmarried dependent children under age 19
- Unmarried dependent children under age 25 if dependent on your for support and a full-time student (as defined by the educational institution)
- In some situations parent, current step-parent, current mother-in-law, current father-in-law and grandparent or grandchild may be considered eligible. These are in situations that directly impact the employee and proof of dependency may be requested when necessary.